AFAP/AFEP Leader Certificate Renewal Information
Exclusive for You….Refresh & Renew Special for AEA AF Program Leader
The Refresh & Renew is a simple and easy way to refresh your base knowledge as a AEA AF Program Leader and allows you to review the Program Leader Course and take a quiz. That’s it! Simple, easy and keeps you up to date with protocol for leading AEA Arthritis Foundation Classes.
Refresh & Renew and AFAP/AFEP Renewal Fees are included - All for $69.00!
Add a One-Year eMembership that includes the Akwa digital magazine and AEA Members Only benefits to enhance your learning all year long. Only $99! Upgrade to become a Pro Member, which features the hard copy of Akwa magazine, for $12.00 more (USA only).
- If you choose to take Refresh Course for your AFAP/AFEP Leader certificate Renewal then you are not required to submit a renewal form.
- You must complete 100% of the course within 180 days.
- You can take Refresh and Renew Course only if you have completed AFAP or AFEP Online training with AEA.
AEA Arthritis Foundation (AFAP & AFEP) Program Leader Certificate Renewal Requirements:
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders are required to renew every two years. Early renewals can be submitted within 6 months prior to certification expiration if all renewal requirements are met. To Renew, login to your account with AEA and renew from your record following prompts.
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders must obtain a minimum of 15 AEA Approved Continuing Education Credits (CECs) to obtain renewal status. If you earn more than 15 CECs, they do not carry over to the next renewal period.
- A list of Approved Continuing Education Providers can be found at the AEA website.
- AEA may issue CECs to non-approved educational programs; go to the AEA website for current procedures for non-approved course recognition and petition information.
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders must maintain current and valid CPR/AED Certification at all times. 3 CECs per renewal period are issued for CPR/AED courses.
- The Program Leader renewal fee is $59.00 single renewal (AFAP or AFEP) or BOTH (AFAP and AFEP).
Online Renewal - It’s Simple & Easy!
Track your CECs ONLINE! Make sure all your CECs are tracked online under the My Account area. You will receive an email that you have submitted the CECs.
Click "Renew Certificate" button and complete all the required information.
You will receive confirmation that your renewal was received and if further information is needed, we will contact you.
REMEMBER: AEA does not automatically track your CECs.
Mail or Fax
If your CECs are in our online CEC Tracking, simply write “ON FILE” in this area of the form.
Please clearly mark any address / phone / email changes or updates.
If you are not renewing, please return the form and let us know why.