AFAP/AFEP Leader Certificate Renewal Information
Limited Time Special for AEA Member Program Leader Specialists
Reinvigorate your skills and with this exclusive offer of Virtually LIVE Recorded training.
- • View all courses (12 hours of sessions) and renew your Program Leader Certificate at no additional fees.
- • Package Includes: Program Leader Development (2 3-hour sessions) & 3 AF LABS; Lesson Planning Tips & Tools, Motivational Methods and Enhancing Your Leadership Skills (each course is a 2-hour session)
- • Access to all the recorded courses until June 30th 2023.
- • Detailed PDF Outlines/Handouts available for all sessions.
- • AEA, ACE, AFAA, ATRI and NASM CECs available for all sessions.
Did your AEA Membership expire?
It's time to renew it and start exploring all the benefits of being an AEA Member to enhance your Program Leader skills, delivery & more! Login to Renew your AEA membership for as little as $52.00, an educational deal at $4.33 per month.
* AEA Membership is different from AEA, AFAP/AFEP certificates. More information about AEA Membership review HERE.
- If you choose to take Refresh Course for your AFAP/AFEP Leader certificate Renewal then you are not required to submit a renewal form.
- You must complete 100% of the course by 6/30/2023.
- You can take Reinvigorate & Renew Course only if you have completed AFAP or AFEP Online training with AEA.
AEA Arthritis Foundation (AFAP & AFEP) Program Leader Certificate Renewal Requirements:
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders are required to renew every two years. Early renewals can be submitted within 6 months prior to certification expiration if all renewal requirements are met. To Renew, login to your account with AEA and renew from your record following prompts.
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders must obtain a minimum of 15 AEA Approved Continuing Education Credits (CECs) to obtain renewal status. If you earn more than 15 CECs, they do not carry over to the next renewal period.
- A list of Approved Continuing Education Providers can be found at the AEA website.
- AEA may issue CECs to non-approved educational programs; go to the AEA website for current procedures for non-approved course recognition and petition information.
- AEA AFAP and AFEP Program Leaders must maintain current and valid CPR/AED Certification at all times. 3 CECs per renewal period are issued for CPR/AED courses.
- The Program Leader renewal fee is $69.00 single renewal (AFAP or AFEP) and $89 for BOTH (AFAP and AFEP).
Online Renewal - It’s Simple & Easy!
Track your CECs ONLINE! Make sure all your CECs are tracked online under the My Account area. You will receive an email that you have submitted the CECs.
Click "Renew Certificate" button and complete all the required information.
You will receive confirmation that your renewal was received and if further information is needed, we will contact you.
REMEMBER: AEA does not automatically track your CECs.
Mail or Fax
If your CECs are in our online CEC Tracking, simply write “ON FILE” in this area of the form.
Please clearly mark any address / phone / email changes or updates.
If you are not renewing, please return the form and let us know why.