AEA Fitness Professional Certification Renewal Information
AEA Fitness Professional/Instructor Certification Renewal Requirements:
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals are required to renew their certification every two years. Early renewals can be submitted within 6 months prior to certification expiration if all renewal requirements are met. To Renew your Certification, login to your account with AEA and renew from your record following prompts.
- Certified Professionals must obtain a minimum of 15 AEA Approved Continuing Education Credits (CECs) to obtain recertification. If you earn more than 15 CECs, they do not carry over to the next renewal period.
- A list of Approved Continuing Education Providers can be found at the AEA website.
- AEA may issue CECs to non-approved educational programs; go to the AEA website for current procedures for non-approved course recognition and petition information.
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals must maintain current and valid CPR/AED Certification at all times. 3 CECs per renewal period are issued for CPR/AED courses.
- The certification renewal fee is $55.00. This fee represents on-time renewals (received no more than 60 days past the certification expiration date) with all requirements fulfilled. Late fees will apply if AEA does not receive your certification renewal within 60 days of expiration.
Online Renewal - It’s Simple & Easy!
Track your CECs ONLINE! Make sure all your CECs are tracked online under the My Account area.
Click "Renew Certificate" button and complete all the required information.
REMEMBER: AEA does not automatically track your CECs.
Mail or Fax
If your CECs are in our online CEC Tracking, simply write “ON FILE” in this area of the form.
Please clearly mark any address / phone / email changes or updates.
If you are not renewing, please return the form and let us know why.