Online Prep Course-AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional (AFP) Certification Self Study
AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional (AFP) Online Prep Course
This interactive online education, developed by AEA experts, is an excellent resource to build the skills necessary to lead aquatic group exercise and personal training. Utilizing additional reading resources, various quiz formats, video demonstrations, and audio voice over content, the 101 learning objectives provide in-depth education for aquatic exercise leadership and knowledge. Also included is a sample test with question format similar to the AEA Certification Examination. Read More...
This course is highly recommended, but not required, for those seeking AEA Certification and is designed to reinforce the 2018 Seventh Edition AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual. Topic areas follow the seventh edition manual:
PART I: Foundations of Fitness and Exercise
- Physical Fitness
- Exercise Anatomy
- Exercise Physiology
- Movement Analysis
- Exercise Motivation and Behavior
PART II: The Aquatic Environment
- The Physical Laws as Applied to the Aquatic Environment
- The Pool Environment and Design
PART III: Instruction and Programming
- Shallow-Water Exercise
- Deep-Water Exercise
- Aquatic Exercise Leadership
- Exercise Programming
- Special Populations
PART IV: Safety, Scope of Practice, and Legal
- Safety, Emergencies, Injuries, and Instructor Health
- Basic Nutrition and Weight Management
- Business Issues and Legal Considerations
Click Here for purchasing options and bundle pricing
AEA Certification Examination
AEA Certification test is a 100-question multiple choice exam developed to test a standard level of theoretical and practical competence in aquatic fitness program design and leadership for general populations approved for independent exercise.
Follow the AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Learning Objectives to fully prepare. These can be downloaded from our website.
• AEA highly recommends that ALL Candidates have a minimum of 6 months practical experience in aquatic exercise and allow at least 8-12 weeks of advanced study utilizing the AFP 2018 Seventh Edition Manual and AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Learning Objectives.